No matter where you are in your career, treasury professionals will benefit by joining the NWAFP:
- Admission at no charge to our monthly luncheon meetings
- Opportunity to meet and hear from industry experts about the latest financial management topics
- Ability to earn continuing education credits for CCM, CTP and CPA designations
- Unparalleled networking opportunities with your local peers
- Reduced admission fees to the Northwest Summit Regional Conference and the Certified Treasury Professional® (CTP) preparation classes and study sessions
- Access to member-only resources on the NWAFP website
- Affiliation with the national Association for Financial Professionals (AFP)
- Guest privileges to our luncheon meetings – for your colleagues or clients
- Leadership opportunities through the NWAFP Board of Directors
Luncheon meetings will be held from September through May and we offer two types of membership:
- Corporate Practitioners (including guest privilege): $225
- Financial Services Providers (including guest privilege): $350
As space permits, guests and other members of the professional community are welcome to attend individual meetings at a cost of $45 per meeting. For non-working students, please join our individual meetings at a cost of $15 per meeting.
All memberships are individual and are associated with the individual. Membership is not transferable to another individual. For questions regarding membership, please contact email@example.com
Click here to join as a member.
If you are not ready to become a member, please join our mailing list
and luncheons as a guest until you’re ready.
Here are some examples of companies our members represent:
|Boeing Capital Corporation
|City of Redmond
|DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc
|Starbucks Coffee Company
||Symetra Financial Corporation
|MultiCare Health System
||Western Payments Alliance
||Boeing Capital Corporation
|Port of Seattle
The NWAFP accepts sponsorships of its meetings and functions. The association highlights the sponsor by including its logo and a brief description in the monthly marketing material distributed to over 600 treasury professionals in the Puget Sound region. A representative of the sponsor is able to highlight their company and services they offer while introducing the speaker and topic for the monthly meeting. Sponsors may also distribute marketing materials to members during the meeting. Sponsorship includes two non-member attendees to the sponsored meeting.
The current cost to sponsor a meeting is $250. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with interest.
Sponsors are not permitted to influence the educational content or speaker selection of the association.
The scholarship committee provides monetary assistance from the NWAFP scholarship fund to active members for NWAFP membership or related educational opportunities.
NWAFP Scholarship Guidelines:
- The Committee will consist of three Board members.
- The Committee must have the agreement of at least two of its members before a scholarship greater than $500 may be awarded to an applicant.
- The Committee Chair will provide the NWAFP Board of Directors a quarterly report of the scholarship activity. This report will be available for the NWAFP Board at its scheduled regular meetings and tracked within the Board’s section of the secure website.
- The Scholarship Committee will request from the NWAFP Board an amount of funds for the following year's budget during the annual planning meetings.
- The Committee will not award total scholarships in an amount to exceed the annually appropriated budget as approved by the NWAFP Board of Directors.
- Scholarship requests exceeding $500 must be reviewed by the full Committee of the NWAFP Board of Directors.
- Scholarships are primarily awarded for membership for treasury professionals currently unemployed and/or tuition for classes or conferences.
- Scholarships for CTP training classes will be reimbursed only after attending 75% of the classes. Instructor will keep a sign-in sheet.
- Only one scholarship per person will be granted for the CTP training class.
- Scholarship applications must be received by the Scholarship Committee at least two weeks prior to the membership and/or registration deadline.
- The total scholarship amount per person shall not exceed $500 per year without full Board approval.
- A single individual shall receive no more than two scholarships for any given year without the approval of the full NWAFP Board.
- The Committee may “meet,” by phone or e-mail to discuss scholarship applications.
To submit a scholarship application, please click here